Risk warning

All articles, strategies and indicators are just reflecting a single traders opinion and should be viewed as that.
I advice everybody to trade with a DEMO account!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Going live with zulu trade

I decided to give it a shot with zulu trade. This wasn't an overnight decision. I have been thinking about it for some time. Basically zulu trade offers what I am looking for. I don't have time to watch the charts for trading opportunities neither do I have time to watch and follow the market to close any open position. Another option could be to trade on a higher time frame like the day chart but I have never liked that trading style anyway.

You can say a lot about demo trading but demo trading will never be the real thing. After opening that live account my first concern was how to keep it safe....I don't like to take risks so I opened a small account of 1000 euro. Because I want to avoid any huge slippage or any kind of problem between zulu trade and the broker I decided to use AAAFx. This way I got fast execution times and I avoid the extra commission you have to pay with certain brokers.

I will use zulu traders signal providers but that doesn't mean I will not throw in some manual trades when I see a good trading opportunity. My first goal of course will be to make profit. It doesn't matter if it will be small or not. I am not interested in making huge profits. I just want to make profits and I want to avoid any big risks. Therefore I decided to start very slow and after that we will see how to continue.

I have added 1 signal provider that seems to be taking acceptable risks and that has a nice equity curve. I also enabled the public profile on zulu trade so you can see how I am doing.

http://www.zulutrade.com/Follower.aspx?ref=1&id=735944

Like you can see on the public profile I only added TradeGuru. After looking at his trading records it looks likes he knows what he is doing. Like I said I hate to take huge risks so I am going to use micro lots and I am using advanced settings for this signal provider. The settings I used are based on some basic analysis I made using a simple Excel sheet. I worst case scenario this signal provider opens 4 trades that all hit the hard stop I have set. In this case I would suffer a 700 pips loss. (7% balance loss) of course that would be a new drawdown record for this signal provider.... Let see how this turns out before adding any other signal provider....

No comments:

Post a Comment